Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/conf_global.php:1) in /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 486

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/conf_global.php:1) in /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 486

Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/conf_global.php:1) in /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/conf_global.php:1) in /home3/eastern/public_html/bb/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
My Conference presenation file is on my website. - Eastern US Weather Forums

My Conference presenation file is on my website.

12 replies to this topic

#1 RaleighWX

• Meteorologist
  • 10,821 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:42 PM

Zipped and just under 60MB at 59.8 MB :guitar:

http://raleighwx.eas...resentation.zip

#2 SacrydDreamz

Virginia is for Lovers

• Meteorologist
  • 29,131 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

View PostRaleighWX, on Jul 10 2006, 08:42 PM, said:

Thanks man -- your presentation was great :guitar:

#3 wharrell

N.C. High Country

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:35 PM

Sweet!

Very nice presentation Alan. It brought back some memories also! I remember the 'other' Carolina Crusher. It was my largest childhood snow growing up in Burgaw, Pender County, N.C. We experienced thundersnow and strong winds with that event. I remember about 11pm on that Friday evening prior to going to bed, the flakes were silver dollar size coming down extremely hard. What a sight! The only thing I have seen to parallel it was about midnight on Monday, January 25, 2000 in Cary, Wake County, NC, during the most recent Carolina Crusher.

All hail the great southern snow storms! When we get everything queued up just right, man can we have a big one !

#4 AlaninKY

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

View PostRaleighWX, on Jul 10 2006, 08:42 PM, said:

Thank you! I was able to get your excellent 94 page PowerPoint Presentation downloaded in under 2 minutes :)

#5 Huffwx

According to the state of NY, you are the

• Members
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

Thanks Allen! I am still bummed that I missed it.

#6 nin9inch9nails

PSU Meteorologist 1976

• Meteorologist
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:14 AM

just downloaded it this morning Alan, thanks...Hart

#7 VAwxman

• Meteorologist
  • 17,968 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:18 AM

Allan,

Hopefully you will still have it available for download this weekend when I get back home. Great job on everything!

#8 RaleighWX

• Meteorologist
  • 10,821 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:57 AM

You guys are welcome.

Brian I will leave it up on the website for quite some time.

#9 Tsavos

• Meteorologist
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

Hello all,

It was good to meet some of you at the conference and HPC tour. I decided that after a year of just browsing and looking at your wonderful posts, that I would join the forum.

I put up my HPC tour presentation on our website at:
ftp://gp16.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov/pub/Presen...erWx%20Tour.ppt

I will need to have the AVI loops added to the site as well, I'm working on that.

-Brian H.
NOAA/NESDIS Satellite Services Division

Tsavos

#10 Ginx snewx

Negative NAO Negative AO

• Members
  • 17,135 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

View PostTsavos, on Jul 20 2006, 03:54 PM, said:

Hello all,

It was good to meet some of you at the conference and HPC tour. I decided that after a year of just browsing and looking at your wonderful posts, that I would join the forum.

I will need to have the AVI loops added to the site as well, I'm working on that.

-Brian H.

Tsavos

Brian welcome aboard. I wish we could have been able to see your operation. Excellent presentation and thanks for all the info. Do you have a link for the rapid scan ops and the 9 floaters you mentioned?

#11 SacrydDreamz

Virginia is for Lovers

• Meteorologist
  • 29,131 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:27 PM

View PostTsavos, on Jul 20 2006, 03:54 PM, said:

Hello all,

-Brian H.

Tsavos

Thanks man, and welcome aboard :)

#12 Tsavos

• Meteorologist
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:18 AM

View PostGinx snewx, on Jul 20 2006, 04:27 PM, said:

Brian welcome aboard. I wish we could have been able to see your operation. Excellent presentation and thanks for all the info. Do you have a link for the rapid scan ops and the 9 floaters you mentioned?

Thanks Ginx.

We currently have eight GOES floaters (4 for GOES-East, 4 for GOES-West, and one for both) and four MTSAT-1R floaters for the West Pacific. The East floaters will cover the Atlantic, Carib, and Gulf and are located at: http://www.ssd.noaa....P/trop-atl.html
The West floaters cover the East and Central Pacific and also have links to the West Pacific floaters plus several MTSAT-1R tropical sectors. Just recently we added links for "shorter" loops that require less time loading (half the amount of images, only two overlays). Each floater now has its own "page" that will conatin the name of the system and we will dedicate the particular floater to the system instead of switching storms.

All floaters use 30 minute Northern Hemi images in the loops but we can increase the resolution to 15 minute if the storms are close to land. We currently do not have the scripts set up to ingest the 7 minute Rapid Scan data, for any significant event we will create some Rapid Scan loops and place them on our website like we did for Katrina ( http://www.ssd.noaa....rina/index.html ). We also have the capability to continue coverage during GOES eclipse - to fill in missing GOES-East or GOES-West images with coverage from the other satellite, this helps to eliminate the gaps seen during late season activity such as we had with Ivan and Rita.

These floaters and sectors are set up for tropical analysis, but we occasionally will move them over to an active volcano, however we are working on setting up more specialized volcano images/loops that will show products specific to volcanic ash analysis (channel differencing, CO2 slicing products) as well as the "standard" visible and infrared channels.

#13 Ginx snewx

Negative NAO Negative AO

• Members
  • 17,135 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:06 AM

Thank you Brian.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users